Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The etsy-ness begins

So over Christmas my aunt convinced me that I should start selling some of my crocheted items that I usually just give as gifts of love. Since my husband and I want to go share the Good News with cousins around the world we need a little extra income. We are trying to pay off our student loans so that we can be debt free when we move overseas within 2 years. So I am learning all about Etsy and how to make your shop awesome and snazzy. I just want to be honest and real with my customers to let them know what they are supporting by buying the items I make by hand. I definitely don't want this to get out of control so my aunt suggested I just create a bunch of beautiful wearable things out of my stockpile of yarn and then put it all on there and sell it. I don't really want to take orders for things because I have a full time job working with youth and they take up a lot of my time. Plus I don't want this hobby I love to become something I dread or feel like I have to do. I just want to create beauty and make people feel loved and special.

No comments:

Post a Comment